Pages

Saturday, October 19, 2013

My Thoughts About: Goong (Princess Hours)



RAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEE. PAIIIIIIIIN. WHY O WHY... Okay I was only letting out my accumulated stress while reading this. haha. xD

It's been 7 years since I watched the drama of Goong and I still remember it like it was just yesterday. I liked that drama so much specially it's OST "Perhaps Love" which made me feel in love every time I listen to it. I wanted to read the manhwa a long time ago but the first few chapters always put me off because of the horrible drawings. >.< This time I decided to bear with it and good thing the illustrations became incredibly well-drawn after reading the first 10 chapters. I was already satisfied with the drama but I'm really glad that I decided to finish all 179 chapters of the manhwa even though most of the time I was raging and cursing the characters for being so unreasonable and annoying. The manhwa could have been finished in 50 chapters but every one was being hard and difficult so it became incredibly long. XD There were a lot of parts that were done differently in the drama so I still suggest for curious people to also read the manhwa. It's a looong read but it is worth your time, tears and anger. xD Also, be sure to have lots of patience, I tell you.. lots of it. XD

(Warning: There might be spoilers ahead so read at your own risk. :3)

While I was reading the manhwa, I already expected Shin to be cold and distant towards Chae Gyung like in the drama. I like the Shin in the drama but I prefer the one in the manhwa. Shin (manhwa) seemed more sweet, funny and loving to me compared to the one in the drama. There were a lot of times where I find myself laughing loudly because of his crazy actions too. XD Normally, I fall for the princely and gentle types but this time my heart is all for Shin~♥


As for Chae Gyung, hmm I like her both in the drama and manhwa. Yoon Eun Hye portrayed Chae Gyung very well and she was very amusing and cute in the drama while the one in the manhwa has her share of crazy moments but she appeared more strong-willed and matured to me. One thing I dislike about her is being indecisive and impulsive at times which causes misunderstandings and conflict between her and Shin. -.- I sympathized and cried for her a lot (manhwa) especially when she was forced to leave the palace but there were also times where I really want to throw her off a cliff (haha). She had a habit of taking all the burden herself while thinking that it's the best and only way to protect Shin and everyone though her actions only ended causing pain to everyone. 

 I loved all the characters and the only person that I despised all the time was Yul's mother. Even though Yul was being a two-faced jerk in the manhwa, I can't help but feel sorry for him. I mean who wouldn't? He was supposed to be the crown prince and future king of their nation but everything was taken from him because his father died. Even his future wife was married to someone else so.. I can somehow empathize with him and understand how at some point he ended up being so manipulative and crazy like his mother. His father was also a two-faced pretentious king and his mother was an evil-plotting villain so I guess it runs in the blood. xD lol. When Yul was finally decided to be the crown prince and he run away instead with his supposed to be psychopath fiancee, I got so annoyed with him. He wanted that title all along but then he just decided to throw it away just to burden Shin and then blames Chae Gyung for his actions.. I was like.. @#%$^%#@ >XC just please go to Africa and never come back again. >x( 

I loved the manhwa all in all but I still prefer the ending in the drama. I understood that Shin was planning to make his younger brother handle everything when he grows up and plans on leaving the palace and marry Chae Gyung again but.. I think the ending was a bit rushed and vague. The author could have at least let us see them being a happy family together with their child somewhere in the future. :< Chae Gyung didn't even had a clean break up with his current med-student bf and no one knows what will really happen with Yul and Mi Roo. -.- Yul's statement was also still unclear when he said that he had still not given up his and her father's goals. Instead, some panels were wasted on Eunuch and the Sang Goong's love story wth. XD

Anyway, I give the manhwa a rating of 10/10. It wasn't really perfect but it was really a satisfying read. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment