Pages

Saturday, November 2, 2013

My Thoughts About: Rozen Maiden (2013)

image uploaded by bdanime05 from Minitokyo
I just finished Rozen Maiden (2013) the other day and I have to say I kinda liked it better than the original. The series has 13 episodes like before but this time I eagerly watched all 13 episodes within a day which I only do if I was that addicted to something. xD I thought the parallel worlds concept this time was interesting rather than just the usual Alice fight and tea time party in the anime. Also, I was quite fond of the passive Jun from the future compared to the snappy Jun from the past. The only thing that I didn't like about the future Jun is that he didn't have the guts to punch that stupid ugly jerk boss of his. haha. The thing that made me really happy about this series though was Souseiseki's appearance. I like Sou a loooot better than Sui because of her cool and calm demeanor and "she" is somewhat princely to me. :)) And we have to thank a certain doll for that. :D Shinku is still an adorable Tsundure here but we also get to see her confused side. Suigintou.. I have mixed feelings about Suigintou here because the difference in her artwork from before changed how I view her. The old Suigintou appeared more evil and sinister but she seems more docile and nicer now. I don't think it's a bad thing though I'm sure there'll be another sequel because the ending was a beginning to another story and Suigintou and Shinku might become "temporary" allies again. As for the main antagonist Kira Kishou, I didn't feel any hatred towards her but I feel sorry for her instead. She must only wanted a body of her own and someone who needs her existence. :/

Btw, here's an old and new Shinku. Which on do you like better? :D I dig the new Shinku more.. The old one seemed more antique and doll-like though because of her eyes and it kinda creeps me out. xD The new artwork made theme seem more like small humans. xD


And here's a twincest screencap I found floating somewhere in the internet. ♥ If only Sou was biologically male. xD


Now for the ratings, 7/10. It wasn't really the best but it wasn't all that bad either. :> 



No comments:

Post a Comment