Pages

Saturday, November 2, 2013

DIY#1: Kawaii-fied Flip-flops/Slippers

Lately I've been fond of looking at cute, colorful and fancy things then I stumbled upon what they call Fairy Kei fashion. I know pretty much about gothic and sweet lolita but it's been only recently that I've taken the time to research about this wonderful world of Fairy Kei. ♥ Also, because of this I became a fan of the adorable and lovely Princess Peachie. ♥♥♥

Anyway, I wanted to do something about these flip-flops of mine then I thought of this idea to kawaii-fy them. :D 

Here are the things I used:
2 pairs of slippers
Yes, I used 2 pairs because I wanted it to make it like those platform sandals and it'll make me taller. lol xD ♥ You should have 2 pairs of the same size and kind to make it fit with each other. It's better if they are in different complimentary colors for a cuter look. Sorry for the LQ images.  I removed the rubber straps of one pair because it will be glued under the other pair. 

cute erasers and super glue
Super glue because I wasn't sure if glue gun or rugby would work. lol :)) And.. these cutie bite-sized erasers are the highlight of this DIY. I used them for decorating the flip flops. 

And this is my finished product. Tadaaan~


In the end, I decided to use the Cyan blue pair as the heels. xD


It doesn't really have to be erasers, you can also use beads, buttons, ribbons and anything you can find cutely appropriate. :D I already like the bright pink rubber straps but you can also wrap ribbon laces, fabric or yarn around the straps. 


I hope you enjoyed my first DIY. If you tried doing this lemme see too. :D



No comments:

Post a Comment