Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

My Thoughts About: Ultra Maniac

image uploaded by chiekokawabe @ minitokyo
I watched the anime a couple of years ago when I was still in my early college days, I think. At that time, Ultra Maniac didn't appeal to me as much as it's manga did now. XD I thought the characters were cute especially Nina and Tsujiai. Kaji-kun wasn't really my type and so was Ayu. I prefer adorable girls like Nina and straightforward guys like Tsujiai.♥ I also believe that these two make a better couple because they genuinely like each other for what they are. Kaji and Ayu only begin to like each other because they both saw each other as cool and kind which were only created images of themselves. lol. 

baww.. aren't these two so freaking cute? *U*
It was fun watching the series but the story was more focused on its magical aspects and competition between Maya and Nina. I was kinda getting tired of characters like Maya, I mean characters who always try to plot something and get in the hero/heroine's way almost every episode. -_- I can understand that they exist for comic relief but it can be so annoying sometimes especially when I want to see more development in the main characters' lives. >.< I can name a few who are like those--- Erina-chan (Kirarin Revolution), Kasumi (Super Gals), Christine (UFO Baby) and many other more. There are also mild ones like Sumire (Gakuen Alice) though. If the anime followed the manga's story closely it would have been waaay waaaay better. :< Also, I wanted a scene where Nina could take her friends to Magic Kingdom for an episode or two and let them experience magic. They could have also included in the anime and let people know that Nina wasn't really a failure witch that she seems to be. -_- And no matter how coward Yuta is when it comes to confessing, he should have stil let Nina know how he feels.. I kinda feel sorry for osananajimi-zoned (childhood friend) guys like him. xD 

I really recommend the manga because it has more build it up romance and Maya wasn't really involved in the main story. And there were no such things as holy stones and prince in the manga. xD

But the best thing about the manga was the ending. The anime left us hanging and raging for more but the manga was able to tidy things up. :> My rating for the anime: 6/10 and for the manga: 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment