Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

My Thoughts About: Eleanor & Park

warning, spoilers ahead xD
I'm so glad I decided to read this wonderful piece of work. It really reminded me of the bittersweet memories of teenage years. Eleanor and Park is one perfect example of opposite attraction, mentally and physically speaking. But that really doesn't matter when romance is involved right? 

When I read the plot summary I already felt tingly jitters inside of me. It sounds cheesy but it's true. I love how sweet and innocent their affection for each other was despite living in different and difficult circumstances. When Park first held and explored Eleanor's hand, when he told her he missed her, when he shared his precious comics to her, when he furiously declared to kill his own brother for calling her names, when he talked to her over the phone and told her he needed her, when he high-jumped kick his childhood friend's face for her.. there are so many instances in this story where my heart probably and literally skipped a beat because of Park's sweetness. I like guys like him. Sweet, cool but can let out a hearty laugh. I also liked Eleanor's strong personality and unique demeanor and how she endured her shitty life for the sake of being with Park and her siblings. Not all people can take all that crap in their life especially her psychotic jerk ass step father. Sorry for the mild cussing, I assure you though that her step dad deserves more cursing and beating. 

The only things that dissatisfied me are the cliffhanger ending, Eleanor's mom's behavior towards her kids, Tina's unexpected allegiance to Eleanor and Park, Park's mom's failed attempt to do a complete make-over for Eleanor and the Prom! Aside from those, everything was perfect for me. I really wanted a sequel though because I badly want them to be together again.. :/

Oh I've been searching for fan made art works of these two and nothing really satisfied me so I searched for an anime avatar generator and made them how they appear to me. Eleanor's not fat here because there was no such option in the game lol but I think I did Park similarly. Park, why are you so handsome even if I'm only imagining that you look like this . xD ♥ ♥ ♥

from Rinmaru's avatar maker


No comments:

Post a Comment