Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

O+ 8.36 Android Phone

I got myself a new android phone, O+ 8.36, last week. I'm not that picky when it comes to cellphones since I'm fine with anything that can play games and music so I purchased an inexpensive but decent phone this time. I bought mine at SM North Annex for a price of P3,999. I have to say O+ is generous for including a free 4GB Sandisk microsd card and Globe sim card at that cheap price. Initially I was choosing between this, Cherry Mobile Flare and Samsung Galaxy Chat B5530. It's a good thing that I got to stress test this phone before buying it. I wanted to try Flare but it seems like CM doesn't allow customers to test their phones before buying them. When I went to the store, one customer was purchasing Flare and there seemed to be a problem with the unit. I immediately left the store because I got turned off lol and afraid that I'd get a phone that won't last for months. Also, I read a LOT of reviews before buying and I learned that Flare's battery isn't for heavy use. I also went looking for the Samsung Galaxy Chat but was told that the unit is bundled and only available for Sun Cellular budget plans. I wanted that phone too because I'm still not used in texting with touch phones so I thought a phone with touch and type function would be good. :< 

Anyway, I'm still glad I bought O+ 8.36 instead, the Air Shuffle feature is awesome. You can take pictures and change music with just a swipe of your finger. :D I still don't know why this unit is so underrated, it is quite decent though considering the prices and specs. 


Specs and Features (from cmkcellphones.com)

  • Network: Quadband and 3G
  • Size:3.5" inches Capacitive Touchscreen
  • Sim: Dual Sim Dual Standby
  • WiFi: YES
  • bluetooth: YES
  • Air Shuffle for music, image Browsing and Camera
  • Internal Memory:
  • Card Slot: upto 32gb sd card
  • Camera: 3.2 mega pixel
  • Front Camera: VGA
  • OS: Android 4.1 Jelly bean
  • Processor: 1GHz Processor
  • Colors: black, pink and yellow
I decided to get the pink one though you couldn't clearly spot the pink housing here because of the purple jelly case.


This was the first theme that I used. I really loved it but now I'm using the bunny one up there. *U*


At first it was awkward for me to type my messages but I got used to it immediately. The phone has soft touch so there's not much problem in texting and browsing.


As for the camera quality, it is nothing fancy but not that bad too. For the price of 4k the quality is quite decent. These are unedited pictures (aside from the borders and text) taken by the rear camera.


I always edit my photos anyway so the cam quality is okay for me. This our fluffy bunny btw, Loki. ;3


My random colorful tees.


This phone runs on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean so you can expect the games to run smoothly.  I didn't download many games since I do my android gaming on my tablet  but I tried playing Minion Rush which would usually lag on my tablet but worked pretty well in this phone. Casual games like Pudding Monster and Cut the Rope runs perfectly fine here.

If you're not really a heavy user and only use your phone for texting and occasional web browsing, the battery lasts for about more or less 2 days. 

So all in all I can say that I'm quite satisfied with this phone. ;)

Edit: After two months of use, I'm starting to see the cons of this phone. One is the battery has been draining a lot quicker now. I have to charge my phone everyday and I'm not really a heavy user. I just play games for a while, browse Instagram a bit then the usual texting and my battery usually drops 30 to 40% at the end of the day. Another thing is my internal memory is always full and a message prompts me to clear data. I already removed most of my games and apps but I'm still running low on my internal memory. I have a lot of space in my phone storage and memory card though, the only problem is the internal memory. Also, whenever I listen to music, I notice a static sound and the song lags a lot. :< So for interested users, you might want to try looking for a better phone. 


1 comment:

  1. hi po.... help.... for O PLUS 8.36 it comes in 3 color choices dba? black, pink and blue... confused kc ako if ill get color pink or black nalang...ok ba ang color pink nito? para kasing hindi pink sa picture....parang color ni barney.... ano ba totoo color nito sa personal? kc sa picture parang ndi pink,,,parang violet... pls. help me decide....

    ReplyDelete