Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

My Thoughts About: Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

Too bad the number of anime series with 24 to 26 episodes are rarely released these days. Lovely Complex, Kaichou wa maid-sama, Ouran High School Host Club, Special A and many others are some of my favorite series that had 20+ episodes but I still ended up yearning for more which lead me to also read their manga . TNK is one among those many series that I really wish they decided to adapt in 20+ episodes long. :/ Geez, recently if not all but most of the anime series are 12/13 episodes only and are in the harem genre with female chars having big breasts and the like. -_- A story can be wonderful even without those overly-sized breasts and dirty jokes and that's what TNK is to me though it was veeerrrrry short and I believe there are still more stories to be told as said by Mitty herself during the end of the last episode. 

Now there are 3 couples that I ship in this series. Couple #1 is of course Haru and Shizuku, the lead canon couple of the TNK series. During the first episode, I thought Shizuku would be like Misaki Kaichou (Kaichou wa Maid-sama) who desperately hides her feelings towards Usui but good thing that was not the case with her. I had this idiotic grin on my face when she confessed to Haru on episode 2. x3 I thought typical female leads like her end up saying nothing all throughout the storys making the guy misunderstand everything. But Haru is also as complicated as the twists and knots of barb wires so we can't expect their relationship to go that smoothly anyway.  -_-'



Couple #2, to me at least, is Shizuku and Yamaken. OMG Yamaken, you're the main reason why I started watching TNK again. 8D When I found out that his seiyuu is Terashima Takuma, I decided to push through the anime again but.. I was kinda surprised because he doesn't sound like Takuma at all judging from his cute and refreshing Ittoki Otoya voice. @_@ Yamaken's voice is cool and mature contrary to Otoya. @_@ Anyway, Yamaken is so cute. haha, I think he's just a plain Tsundere. xD I always laugh at his moments whenever he tries too hard to think of something to get Shizuku's attention. Like that time when he also applied for Winter Cram school just to be with Shizuku. ahaha. XD But he's especially adorable when he's teasing Haru and making him oh-so face-smashing jealous. :))) Yamaken, I feel so sorry for you somehow because Shizuku is soooo dense and you're not the lead char so there's no future for you and her. ;( I always sympathize for characters like him.


and the last pairing that I ship hardly now is Suzuyan and Natsume. I've seen those Tumblr posts before about them and they caught my interest. I know they aren't officially a couple yet in the anime series but they look good together. It's obvious that Suzuyan has feelings for her based on his reactions whenever they talk about Mi-chan san. But Natsume only has eyes for Mi-chan at the moment and only thinks of Suzuyan as a "friend that she's comfortable with". Natsume hasn't realized it yet but I know she's also hiding some feelings for Suzuyan. Aww.. I like carefree and cheerful guys like Suzuyan (that's why I love Otoya from Utapri) because they make me feel calm. <3 nbsp="">


Geez, I still don't want to get my hopes up for a season 2 so maybe I'd just try the manga. ;_; I'd like to give this a rate of 7/10 also.

No comments:

Post a Comment