Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

My Thoughts About: Ao no Exorcist


I just finished watching Ao no Exorcist series as well as the movie and specials and I have to say that I quite enjoyed the show particularly the movie. The movie was full of action and I got to see Rin's brotherly side towards Usamaru that he didn't get to show much to Yukio since he's such a somewhat tsuntsun, stiff and overly serious lil' brother. -_- Seriously Yukio, loosen up a bit will you. Be cute and adorable for a change. >.<

The anime series was good but I think it somehow lacked missions to showcase the esquires' skills and abilities. When I first watched the anime, I was expecting to see exciting missions as they progress through their exorcism training but the show focused on a different path. ;( Rin and Yukio overpowered the others too much as all the others showed were just basic mantra chants and summoning skills. I would have loved to see the others perform each of their own unique abilities like.. let's say Shiemi conjuring some holy exorcising spell, Izumo doing mighty combo attacks with her familiars and trio, (Suguro, Konekomaru, Shima) performing what they do best in their former shrine. -.- But the biggest let down for me was Kuro.. I thought she was supposed to be THE strongest exorcist's familiar but what the heck.. she just went and run away for like 1/3 of the series and then she just appears at the last episode doing what? Being the twins' soaring transportation. -.- 

I'd rate this series 7/10. Please give us a season 2 and let us see Rin become an awesome Paladin or something. x3

Anyway, I loved the series mostly because of Rin and Rin alone. Yes Rin. I would marry Rin over Yukio ANYTIME. Who wouldn't love a guy that can cook well? 8D

No comments:

Post a Comment