Pages

Friday, June 5, 2015

SPI Global Hiring Process

I just want to share my grueling experience while applying in SPI Global. It all started last May 27 when my friend and I were endorsed by Telepremiere (BPO company) to SPI Global Manila site for a local voice account position. We had our initial interview there as well and we were advised that they will profile us to a western union account with 16,000 basic salary. My friend and I agreed and thus went to SPI Global in Welcome Rotonda. Since we were already endorsed by TP, we skipped the initial interviews and took the written exam and typing test. After that, we were scheduled for call simulation and final interview the following Monday, June 1. We were also asked if it's okay for us to be assigned in Ortigas area in which me and my friend agreed along with the other applicants who passed that day.  So everything was going smooth at that point until Monday.. Our appointment was supposed to be at 11am so we arrived there 30 minutes earlier. We waited.. until it was already 12:30 in the after noon and we were asked by the hr personnel to take our lunch first and come back at 1pm. We impatiently waited then around 2pm we were each given reviewers for the call sim. We were already annoyed/tired and anxiously monitored the time. After a few minutes the call simulation finally started but only a few of us applicants got to finish the process. At around  3pm, we were asked to take our snack break and come back at 3:30 pm. Me and my friend were on the verge of boycotting the entire process because the recruitment team really sucked at following their scheduled appointments. Imagine we wasted 5 hours for nothing. So fast forward to 3:30 pm and once again, we were asked to wait until 5 pm because there was an emergency. Like what the heck right? So yeah we furiously waited again for another 1 and a half hours and here came the shocking news. The hr assistant told us that "unfortunately" the person who was supposed to handle call simulation is currently not available so they needed to reschedule the call sim/final interview for tomorrow. Wow. Instead of a 1-day hiring process it became a daily hiring process. I felt so sorry for us applicants who wasted money, time and effort on that particular day. But okay. Since it has already come to this so might as well proceed. The next day, we were rescheduled for 1 pm but my friend and I decided to arrive late (haha) and got there around 2 pm. and STILL, they haven't started a damn thing. The call sim finally started around 3:30 pm and it was already 5 pm by the time we finished. They informed us that they will just call us to inform the results and schedule us again for the final interview. They did call the next day and informed me and my friend that we passed and got scheduled for the finally, final final interview. HAHA. Okay so here comes the judgement day, june 4, I was told to come at 1 pm while the others were scheduled at 11 am. I arrived on time and got intervied around 3 pm. My friend who was scheduled for 11 am actually got interviewed at a later  time than I did. xD So yeah we finally freaking passed and were provided the list of requirements but the greatest disappointment was.. we were not initially informed that the position we were applying for was only project-based which will last 2-3 months maximum. So wow. All that effort.. and I don't even know if all the troublesome experiences were worth it.  

The recruitment team was very disorganized but good thing they are nice people. So good luck to future applicants and don't forget to bring your patience, lots of it, if you're planning to apply in SPI Global. :) 

3 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I can atest to your patience. You deserved a better company than SPI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I can atest to your patience. You deserved a better company than SPI.

    ReplyDelete